Theme: "Safety in Anaesthesia ".
This conference will include sessions discussing the indications for improved safety in anaesthesia and in addition to putting protocols in place to augment safety.
- Improved training of anaesthesia practitioners (clinicians, nurses, technicians etc)
- New drugs
- New monitoring skills/technology (especially pulse oximetry and capnography)
- Standards for monitoring and other aspects of anaesthesia care
- Safety enhancements in anaesthesia equipment
- Implementation of quality assurance and risk management programmes.
- Anaesthesia Manpower development
- Disaster Management
Airway Management: Includes airway maneuvers, invasive airway procedures and adjuncts to airway management.
Ultrasound guided nerve block: Knowledge of the imaging and needling techniques for nerve blocks in various regions of the body (Interscalene, Supraclavicular, Infraclavicular, Elbow to wrist, Popliteal, Axillary, Femoral, Ankle)
Accessing Circulation: Techniques and route to accessing the circulation
- To create a platform where deliberations and applicable suggestions relevant to Safety in Anaesthesia can take place.
- Enhancing and re-affirming knowledge and skill base of participants.
- Ascertain practical and sustainable solutions to concerns faced in anaesthesia relative to the topics of presentation.